MSGPR is looking for a multimedia journalist with a passion for media and community connection who is interested in joining a fast-paced digital content team. To be successful in this position, the candidate needs to be familiar with basic journalism and social media practices, along with being driven, independent, and having a deep love for East Texas.
Who is MSGPR?
We are a content, media, and event production house with a public relations focus. We turn our clients’ businesses and ambitions into engaging content that delivers results. We work with businesses, nonprofits, and community organizations throughout deep East Texas and across the globe. We deeply desire to see our clients and their businesses thrive and commit to using our talents and expertise to ensure their success. Our work is defined by three core values:
- We are active owners of our projects and spaces. Active ownership is more than just meeting expectations and getting the job done. It’s about going the extra mile to ensure the quality of our work.
- We are hyper-responsive. We answer phone calls, text messages, emails, and other communications in a timely, professional manner. We communicate about the little things and the big things internally, and externally.
- We work towards tetelestai, the Aramaic word for a debt, a work of art, or a prison sentence being completed in full. It evokes our belief that we work hard, and do our jobs well to the end, because at MSGPR ‘it’ll do’ won’t do. We work together towards excellence to deliver high-quality and professional work.
- Write, edit, and develop stories on a regular basis.
- Edit and post stories from contributing authors.
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships.
- Be proactive in finding and telling quality stories that matter to the East Texas community.
- Creating and pitching story ideas to superiors.
- Design and run social media campaigns.
- Edit short videos for YouTube and websites.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all messages, emails, phone calls, and other communication.
- Develop and maintain new contributing writers from the East Texas region.
- Research and stay informed on current local, social media, and industry trends.
- Journalism experience is preferred (HS/College yearbook or newspaper experience is acceptable)
- Passion for storytelling and East Texas
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of English grammar, editing, and writing rules
- Basic knowledge of written and visual communication trends
- Ability to research quickly and efficiently
- Basic social media skills (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Basis interviewing skills
- Comfortable using a phone or camera to shoot video
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong community focus
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Live in or near the Lufkin, Texas area; this is not a remote position
- Must be able to pass a background check
*If you don’t meet all of these requirements, but have a strong passion for storytelling and journalism, we welcome you to apply.
msgpr.com | email@example.com | (936) 637-7593 | 1511 S. Chestnut Dr.