MSGPR is looking for a communications specialist with a passion for media and community connection who is interested in joining a fast-paced digital content team. To be successful in this position, the candidate needs to be familiar with basic journalism and social media practices along with being driven, independent, and having a deep love for East Texas.
Who is MSGPR?
We are a content, media, and event production house with a public relations focus. We turn our clients’ businesses and ambitions into engaging content that delivers results. We work with businesses, nonprofits, and community organizations throughout deep East Texas and across the globe. We deeply desire to see our clients and their businesses thrive and commit to using our talents and expertise to ensure their success. Our work is defined by three core values:
- We are proactive owners of our projects and spaces. Active ownership is more than just meeting expectations and getting the job done. It’s about going the extra mile to ensure the quality of our work.
- We are hyper-responsive. We answer phone calls, text messages, emails, and other communications in a timely, professional manner. We communicate about the little things and the big things internally, and externally.
- We work hard, and do our jobs well to the end, because at MSGPR ‘it’ll do’ won’t do. We work together towards excellence to deliver high-quality and professional work.
Day to Day:
- Each day is different and often quite fast paced. You may be creating content for an in-house brand or developing a new campaign to elevate brand awareness for a client. This job is designed for someone who absolutely loves getting to know a brand and helping tell that brand’s story through a variety of media and community presence/engagement opportunities.
Publication Writing, Management, and Responsibilities:
- Write and develop a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts including articles, social posts, website copy, and press releases.
- Maintain relationships with contributing authors as well as consistently editing and publishing their work.
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships.
- Stay informed on current local, social media, and industry trends.
Brand Management Responsibilities:
- Write and publish content that aligns with a company’s brand and personality.
- Create and pitch campaigns and content to superiors that meet brand guidelines and project needs.
- Work with the content team, creative director, and graphic designers to execute PR and marketing campaigns.
- Manage projects from inception to execution and analysis.
- Monitor and analyze all components of campaigns, media, and engagement, and adjust accordingly.
- Proactively solve problems. To succeed in this role, you cannot expect to be told what to do every day. You must be willing to think through challenges, problems, and questions to meet the needs of clients and brands.
- Journalism, marketing, or public relations experience is preferred, but not required
- Passion for storytelling and East Texas
- Basic understanding of journalism and branding
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of English grammar, editing, and writing rules
- Basic knowledge of written and visual communication trends
- Familiarity with basic graphic design and photography principles (experience with Adobe, Canva, or other design platforms preferred)
- Ability to research quickly and efficiently
- High degree of flexibility and problem solving
- Basic social media skills (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong community focus
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Live in or near the Lufkin, Texas area (this is not a remote position)
- Must be able to pass a background check
*If you don’t meet all these requirements but have a strong passion for East Texas and love helping clients develop their brands, we welcome you to apply.
msgpr.com | email@example.com | (936) 637-7593 | 1511 S. Chestnut Dr.