Email newsletters can be incredibly beneficial for marketing your business, but they’re not always the easiest to do well. Follow these tips for developing, marketing and maintaining a successful email newsletter.
1. Set goals to reach a specific number of subscribers in a certain time period.
2. Choose a niche whose needs you are prepared to meet.
3. Swap lists with others who teach on similar or allied subjects, only with permission.
4. Offer free gifts that will grow your business and create a viral sharing.
5. Become an affiliate to promote services/products for a percentage of sales.
6. Sell advertising to others related to your mission and values.
7. Hire other writers for variety and to grow content.
8. Add your signature for a personal touch.
9. Bring up discussion points for debate or new ideas.
10. Create clickable titles for articles to drive to your website.
11. Write what you know.
12. Avoid philosophical theory and speak from the heart.
13. Do not use jargon from specific industries.
14. Ask for feedback and response.
15. E-mail everyone you have ever met and include a “how to subscribe” feature.
16. Create a subscription link on your website and social media.
17. Write original, opinionated pieces worth sharing by your audience.
18. Make the newsletter benefit yourself as well as your audience.
19. Learn from others – identify items you enjoy in newsletters you receive.
20. Include personal and topical news current with the day.
21. Feature statistics or infographics.
22. Automate as much of the process as possible.
23. Find a reliable mail program that can handle 500+ email recipients.
24. Share feedback with permission from subscribers.
25. Quote other experts and authors to expand your reach.
26. Feature new books or documentaries that relate to your subject and audience.
27. Tell an interesting story – make it personal if possible.
28. Don’t give up; stay the course – growth may take time.
29. Conduct research from your audience and follow their lead.
30. Use surveys and polls to increase interaction with your readers.
Need help developing a newsletter strategy? Let us tell your story and grow your business. Give us a call at 877-537-8780 or email us at email@example.com.